Fingers crossed we’re near the end of the cold weather for this season, but for the time being I’m doing my best to embrace it. Trying to accessorize with scarves and hats, layering clothes, staying in and getting cozy on the weekends with a delicious warm drink. If you’re looking for a rich, sweet drink to cozy up to this will be perfect for you. This drink has chocolate, cinnamon, almond, and extra sugar – where could it go wrong?
To make two hot cocoas you will need:
- 2 servings of your preferred hot chocolate mix (I chose Ghirardelli drinking chocolate)
- Almond milk – 2 servings per the instructions for your cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 oz. Amaretto (I prefer Disaronno)
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon churro marshmallows by Smashmallow
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- Heat the almond milk and cinnamon on the stove over a low heat. Once warm to the touch, add in your cocoa mix
- In the meantime, add 1 oz. of Amaretto to two different mugs
- Once the cocoa mix has dissolved into the almond milk evenly pour it directly into your two mugs
- Top with you preferred toppings, and enjoy!
This drink makes for a great dessert, afternoon snack, or late night treat. It’s delicious and cozy, making it perfect for cuddling up in these last few cold nights.