When hosting a party, and also playing the role of bartender, it’s always best to craft cocktails that are simple and easy to make, but look and taste impressive. These summer party-ready cocktails check all of those boxes. It’s honestly so incredibly simple to make, but the flavors pack a punch. Making these cocktails for a group of people will leave your partygoers impressed, but won’t leave you stuck behind the counter making complicated concoctions.
To make these summer party cocktails, you will need:
- A cutting board and knife
- A jigger or shot glass
- Glasses of your choice (nothing too large, but enough space to fill with ice and garnish)
- Peach flavored Izze soda
- Grapefruit flavored Izze soda
- Fresh mint
- Fresh rosemary
- Kettle One Citroen vodka (or a citrus vodka of your choice)
- Lemon for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Fill two glasses with ice
- Add one shot of citroen vodka to each glass
- Fill one glass the rest of the way with the peach Izze and the other with grapefruit
- Take one sprig of mint and use it to stir the peach flavored soda
- Pro tip: lay the mint flat in the palm of your hand and hit it once with the other (like giving yourself a high five). It will make the mint more aromatic and take your drink to the next level
- Take one sprig of rosemary and use it to stir the grapefruit flavored soda
- Slice the lemon, using one piece to garnish each drink
These cocktails are super refreshing, making it perfect for those warm summer days of drinking on the patio (my favorite sport). I’ve already whipped up these drinks a couple times since the weather’s warmed up and I know it will be a staple throughout the summer.
Give these cocktails a try and be sure to tag me in your photos if you post them! I’d also love to see any other flavor combinations you create so I can give them a try too.