Sometimes, the smallest touches make the biggest difference when entertaining and this recipe is the epitome of the easiest way to make your brunch spookily festive. Normally, I don’t associate early morning meals with Halloween – usually spooky celebrations make me think of late at night in a costume, stuffing my face with candy. If you want to change things up a bit and have your pals over for a Sunday brunch pre-Halloween, you have to serve these mimosas.
To make these drinks, you will need:
- Dry Champagne of your choice
- Fresh orange juice
- Vodka of your choice
- Black food coloring
- Champagne flutes
- A mason jar or wide rimmed glass
- A jigger
To make these drinks:
- To start, add a small amount of vodka to your mason jar based on the amount of mimosas you think you’ll be serving. Note, a little bit will go a long way, each drink needs about a quarter shot.
- Dip the very tip of a spoon into your black food coloring if you’re using a gel color or add a drop of food coloring if you’re using a liquid coloring and stir into the vodka.
- In your champagne flute, fill the glass a third of the way with Champagne and then another third with orange juice.
- Carefully add some of your black vodka to the smaller side of your jigger and gently pour a small amount over the top of each mimosa. The black vodka will float to the top of the glass, and then you’re ready to serve!